Project 143 Orphan Hope Program Overview
A life changing 5 – 10 week summer and 4 – 5 week winter event where you welcome an orphaned child into your family’s home. Some of these children have never had, or were too little to remember a normal family life. You can help change that! You show them what a loving family is all about, to be loved and cared for without conditions. You help them learn english, introduce them to our culture, immerse them into an atmosphere of happiness. You might be surprised at whose life is changed the most at the end of the 4 to 10 weeks.
Project 143 Orphan HOPE Winter Programs run between mid December and mid January
Project 143 Orphan Hope Summer Programs run between June and August
Exact dates for each program vary slightly by country and length of program (short or long).
Exact dates are sent to confirmed P143 Host Families via email and posted to our invitation only P143 Facebook Ask a Mentor forum. Follow us on Facebook here.
HOSTING EXPENSE DONATIONS:
Standard Length Hope Program (~5 weeks)
$2950 – single host child in a new P143 host family
$2850 – per child in sibling set in a new P143 host family
$2700 – per child being REHOSTED in an existing P143 family (whether single host or sibling set)
Extended Length Hope Program (~10 weeks)
$3250 – single host child
$3050 – per child in sibling set
The hosting donations are tax deductible.
Project 143 Orphan HOPE Program Parent Training dates will be posted shortly after each season’s HOPE Program Dates are established. You can check back or register for updates via Email at the foot of this page or follow us on Facebook here.
Children are 6 years of age and older, boys, girls and sibling groups.
AVAILABLE INFORMATION ON CHILDREN:
Information on the children includes brief bios and some medical information. Due to country laws and to protect the privacy of the children, information about the children is limited and no information can be guaranteed comprehensive or accurate.
Project 143 HOPE Programs presently include children from Latvia, Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan.
PARENT REQUIREMENTS SUMMARY:
- Legally married couples and single parents can participate.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old.
- It is acceptable to have children already at home.
- Background checks and home safety visit
HOST PARENT RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY:
Host Family must agree to do the following:
- Obtain Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and *State Background Check/Fingerprints (For state specific process check with state or local police.)
- Obtain (4) letters of reference from persons other than family members
- Obtain a medical conclusion from your family doctor
- Obtain *Home Safety Visit conducted by a Licensed Social Worker
- Attend Mandatory Host Family Training, conducted online.
- Provide any medical care that might be required for the child/ren during their visit that is not covered by group travel insurance policy
- Have a minimum of two phone conversations a week with the program coordinator regarding the child/ren (may also be requested to call Foster Family or Orphanage in home country.)
- Agree to send the child(ren) back to the country of origin at the end of the program
- Send pictures of the child(ren) with family and Host Reports to Project One Forty Three weekly
- Host and/or assist with room and board for chaperones and guardians traveling with the children, if needed
- Pay hosting donation by defined deadlines (Please download Host Application for information on deadlines, schedules, etc.)
- *Pick up and return child/ren at arrival/departure airports (this is NOT included in the host donation)
- * Clothes for Child (gently used is fine), etc.
*These items are not included in the host donations.
PLEASE NOTE: All Host Donations are tax-deductible and are non-refundable, per IRS guidelines for 501(c)3 organizations.